2015 was a hoot and a holler, here's what happened:
- After a year away (in LA, 2013-2014), I re-matriculated at Indiana University and in January 2015 began the second semester of my Performer's Diploma;
- Winter 2015 was full of auditions, the most important of which was in March when I auditioned for and was accepted to the doctoral program in piano performance at Indiana University;
- I won first prize in the National Society of Arts & Letters Instrumental Competition and was a prize winner in the Indiana University Travel Grant Competition;
- The summer was the perfect combination of traveling and relaxing: I returned for my third summer as a collaborative piano fellow at the New Music on the Point Festival and spent ten days of July in Norfolk, Connecticut as the pianist of the Norfolk Chamber Music Festival's New Music Workshop. Once my stint on the east coast was complete, I returned to Minneapolis to take a few piano-free weeks of vacation!
- The semester began with a bang in August and I hit the ground running: I founded a contemporary/classical piano trio, Trio Fiore; I was appointed Administrative Director of the Bloomington-based art song performance group, Calliope's Call; I performed in countless solo, chamber music, and collaborative recitals; and...
- I bought a piano! My 1978 Steinway L grand piano arrived on November 30th, and I have been drooling over it ever since! It was love at first playing between us and I believe it the start of a beautiful musical relationship!
2016 is shaping up to be just as busy, just as enriching, and just as fun! Wishing you and yours a beautiful New Year,